RFP Writer - Equity at Putnam
This job posting is no longer active
RFP Writer – Equity
Division: Global Distribution (Boston)
The Marketing Information Analyst is responsible for researching, writing, reviewing and producing Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) responses related to Putnam’s Institutional, International, DCIO and Retail business opportunities This individual is also responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships throughout the firm, developing and demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the equity strategies and funds Putnam offers, as well as assisting with the maintenance and prioritization of RFP resources and content.
Duties & Responsibilities
RFP Proficiency – Quality & Accuracy:
To deliver value-added services with unprecedented quality and unmatched responsiveness.
· Research, write, and edit responses to RFPs, RFIs, due diligence requests, and consultant databases.
· Effectively manage and coordinate time and responsibilities related to RFP preparation and distribution.
Data & Project Management:
To maintain oversight and objectivity of qualitative data and RFP services related to daily activities.
· Ensure data owners and management are kept updated on progress, status and issues
· Ensure policies, workflows and procedures are escalated and reviewed as required
· Update and maintain relative responses in Qvidian
· Develop training material and equity overview documents for new hires
· Assist management with Data review and process implementation
To establish and cultivate significant client relationships built on trust, through accountability, reliability, and foresight
· Reinforce RFP process by working with business partners to ensure all content is complete and accurate.
Professional Knowledge and Development:
· Develop, maintain, and demonstrate an understanding of the product strategies you are responsible for.
· To strengthen client intelligence and industry knowledge through continuous learning to provide consultative services for internal and external business partners.
Professional Standards (Individual Contributor):
Fosters a positive working environment; treats everyone fairly and consistently, with dignity and respect; displays cultural sensitivity within the team; supports community involvement; adheres to corporate policies including attendance, professional dress and technology use; projects a professional image; maintains composure under stress and is consistent with quality of work; functions as part of the team; is collaborative; communicates professionally and timely; shares information and protects confidential information; takes ownership of personal and professional development; abides by Putnam’s Code of Conduct.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Marketing or finance related major preferred.
· 1-2 years of professional experience in investment industry; strong writing/editing skills; ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail; strong project management ability; and understanding of investment terminology required.
· Strong technical ability with an in depth understanding of systems including: Microsoft Office 360; Proficiency in using Qvidian is preferred but not required.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to flex styles as needed depending on audience and requirement
· Strong writing/editing skills
· Strong project management skills with particular attention to detail. The ability to juggle and prioritize multiple action items at one time.
· Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline oriented atmosphere
· Independent thinker with an aptitude for collaboration. Ability to work well both independently and as a team member
· Knowledge of Putnam’s markets and products – preferred but not required.
· Basic understanding of Putnam specific systems
· Quick learner
· Professional skills
· Problem solving and decision making
· Project management
· Time management
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.