Risk Analyst at Putnam
The Risk Analyst position will provide analytical support to the Risk Management and Investment Management process. The successful candidate will measure and develop market risk analytics for both Fixed Income and Equity products with the position playing an instrumental role in supporting the risk governance process for senior investment professionals. The individual will work with risk managers, quantitative analysts, portfolio managers, and technology support team members.
The successful candidate will utilize superior technical and problem solving skills along with knowledge of the risk model development process to assist in risk-related research on behalf of the investment teams and quantitative personnel. Research efforts will address risk model calculation concerns, optimization problems and portfolio construction research to enhance the active risk management process.
The candidate should have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills as well as a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems. The job requires strong programming and database management skills.
- Provide computational analysis to support the risk management process including a solid understanding of linear factor models and its application in portfolio risk management
- Specify, design and execute quantitative research that supports the risk calculation and risk monitoring process, which includes the following types of projects:
- Develop a model for measuring and forecasting risk
- Measure risk model accuracy and conduct stress testing
- Understand risk modeling for complex instruments including all derivative types
- Troubleshoot risk calculation and risk report generation process
- Monitor risk outliers and complete performance attribution analysis
- Strong ability to effectively communicate quantitative topics and concepts
- Provide support to other areas of Putnam in the building of a common infrastructure and portfolio tools including risk management, performance attribution, and technology.
Education, Work Experience and Skills
Minimum of 3 years of experience
BA, BS, or MS in finance, mathematics, statistics, econometrics or similar quantitative field.
Experience with risk models and portfolio optimization preferred
Team player; willingness to work hard and contribute to achievement of team goals