Auditor at Putnam
This job posting is no longer active
POSITION TITLE: Internal Auditor
DIVISION: Corporate Finance
REPORTS TO (Position Title): Head of Internal Audit
Reporting to the audit manager, the auditor leads and/or participates in the performance of operational, financial, and compliance audits. Auditors lead audits either as standalone auditors or as a member of a team – the main activities include planning the audits, conducting fieldwork, managing the overall project and working with the designated representatives of the audited entity, identifying opportunities for control improvements and recommending remediation proposals, and preparing audit reports. Bachelor’s degree required. Strong preference for a minimum of 2 – 3 years of professional audit experience in the investment management industry and knowledge of investment management processes (for example: Regulatory Compliance, Fund Accounting and Pricing, Fund Administration, Custody Operations, and/or Transfer Agency Operations). CPA, CIA certificate (or similar qualification) or active pursuit of this qualification is preferred.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop audit steps and substantive testing procedures. Prepare audit materials request lists and coordinate the receipt of the audit materials. Examine and verify financial and operational and other supporting documentation and evaluate procedures used in the applicable systems of control and/or direct audit staff to do the same.
Lead and/or perform audits of assigned areas. Examine and verify operational and/or financial processes and other supporting documentation. Conduct interviews and document results. Document audit results and review with manager/director.
Manage audit projects of assigned operational and/or financial activity by working with the staff of the audited entity and other relevant business units. Assist in planning the scope of work of each engagement in accordance with the business risks involved and time budgets.
Develop suggestions for improving controls and operations, based on audit findings. Document conclusions of audit cycles and organize and reference work papers for manager/director’s review. Identify control weaknesses, assess the impact of the weakness, and formulate useful and practical recommendations to management. Ensure that issues are drafted into report format for review prior to a closing meeting. Plan and conduct closing meetings with management noting their comments and explanations.
Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the company’s operations, including major systems, specific policies and procedures as well as the industry standards. Actively pursue continuing professional education in line with the department's needs and the auditor's career development.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· CPA, CIA, or CISA certifications
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE TYPICALLY REQUIRED:
· 1-5 years preferred
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Exceptional analytical, problem solving, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to identify complex business issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
· Interpersonal skills are essential. The ability to communicate confidently, clearly and effectively, orally and written, is key to successful performance as an auditor. The individual should possess enthusiasm, initiative, sound business judgment, and tact.
· The ability to work effectively with management and staff members in a team environment.
· Proficient in using standard software, such as word, excel and lotus notes, to perform and document work.
· Some travel to remote company locations is expected and some international travel may be required.
AVAILABLE SKILLS SET TRAINING:
· Putnam Professional Skills Courses
· Various Learning & Development Programs
· Digital Technology Department Training
· Putnam Professional Skills Courses
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.