Lead Developer at Putnam
Putnam’s BI/Reporting team is seeking an experienced, motivated individual to manage BI platforms and applications. As a BI Tech Lead you will be filling the role of a strategic BI Lead who focuses on analytics across the enterprise. We are looking for someone who has the necessary technical expertise as well as adept understanding to for strategic business decisions. Work within this type of role requires you have a strong understanding of report development lifecycles including the understanding of requirements gathering, designing, and developing final solutions. In addition, we are looking for someone with a strong background in Agile Project Management, story-telling, prototyping, and sprint deployments. As part of the data team you will be engaged on a multitude of projects that require a certain level of expertise in having worked or worked with Data Analysts, and QA roles, excellent communication skills to interact with business teams and lead developers, providing business support for deployed BI applications, and developing documentation when needed.
·Product owner for BI applications
·Closely work with Business teams to understand their reporting needs and deliver best strategic solutions
·Participates in Weekly, Monthly, and other technical meetings to provide status or input as needed.
·Analyze business requirements and translate them into functional and high-level technical design specifications.
·Serves as the primary point of contact for all development/ application support tasks.
·Provides thought leadership on business intelligence design concepts and leading practices.
·Lead short term and long term BI projects and close them to success and customer appreciation
·Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver complex projects
·Prepare project timelines, milestones and deliverables
·Acquire knowledge with all the latest vendor offerings / features
·Creating SQL Queries to provide ad-hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs
·Assist with testing and quality assurance activities with data extracts, research and analysis
·Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
·Participate and lead in design sessions, demos and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other Digital Technology associates
This position will be responsible for tracking, monitoring and reporting on all work within the Reporting / BI area at the project, task and staff level. Assist in the efficient assignment and organization of work, scheduling and planning projects ad hoc requests and issues. Ensure timely upward and downward status reporting.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT with at least 6 years in Enterprise BI reporting tools, with focus in MicroStrategy, Tableau
- VERY strong communication and client facing skills especially non-technical business users
- Strong acquired competence and experience working with traditional BI / Modern BI tools
- Strong working knowledge on MicroStrategy / Tableau
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experienced practitioner in implementing mid- to large-scale BI solutions, interacting with business, leading teams, and managing BI solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of BI best practices.
- Oracle / Capable of writing SQL queries.
- Ability to support / navigate in Unix environments
- Strong background in MicroStrategy 10.x (min 9.x) architect / Report / Document / VI Dashboards
- Experience in configuring as well as designing and developing metadata and reports - Web and Mobile.
- Well versed with MicroStrategy server architecture/ server support / Enterprise Service Manager, Object Manager, Delivery modules
- Exposure to MicroStrategy API / capabilities
- MicroStrategy certifications desirable
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- QA/Testing: expert knowledge of quality processes, ability to recommend and implement improvements to existing quality assurance processes
- Ability to interact with client personnel and develop positive working relationships
- Strong RDBMS knowledge of Oracle (release 10g/11g)
- Composite DB, SFDC
- BI Tools: Exposure to Business Objects, Jreports
- D3 Visualizations
- Big Query / Big Data
- Certification in one or more of the above BI technologies
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.