Sector Specialist - Health Care at Putnam
Sector Specialist – Health Care Team
Founded in 1937, Putnam Investments is a global money management firm with over 75 years of experience helping individuals and institutions pursue their investment goals. Putnam manages assets across equity, fixed income, asset allocation, and alternative strategies. Active, fundamental research, innovation, and risk management drive our approach to investing. Our global presence includes offices in Boston, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney, all united by our collaborative culture and singular focus on client objectives. For more information, please visit www.putnam.com.
The Sector Specialist will support the investment process by providing research and analysis to Equity Analysts within the Health Care sector. This work will form a central knowledge base and foundation for the Analysts’ stock specific analysis and investment recommendations. The sector specialist’s role will focus on industry drivers as well as stock specific work. As the Sector Specialist gains industry expertise, responsibilities of the role will grow accordingly, allowing the Sector Specialist to increasingly add value to the investment process.
- Develop and apply industry expertise to support and enhance the investment process of the Health Care sector team. Follow industry trends, build relationships with industry members and experts, and work with Analysts to evaluate industry dynamics.
- Perform sector and company-specific research and analysis. Gather and analyze data, complete ad hoc research projects, and work with Analysts to gain insight into key industry drivers.
- Build and maintain industry and company related databases and models (for example: company models, industry and macro-economic statistics, supply/demand models, comparison sheets). Take ownership of these central tools and resources which are critical to the sector team’s investment process.
- Clearly organize and communicate data and results of analysis performed.
- BA or BS degree with a strong academic background.
- 2-7 years work experience. Prior experience in investment research is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, must be proficient to advanced in MS Excel. Experience with company financial modeling and accounting is a plus.
- A team player who also works well independently and takes ownership of his/her work.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent work ethic with an interest in financial markets and investing.